Dated: November 7, 2017
This Policy will change over time to reflect the evolution of our products and services. If we make changes, we will notify you by changing the date at the top of this Policy. In some cases, we may give you additional notice by adding a statement to our homepage, or by sending you an email notification. Please review this Policy periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Our goal is to collect the minimum amount of information from you necessary for WiseMonkey and the Site to work.
- We collect the text of social media posts on your Twitter and Facebook news feeds. When you use the WiseMonkey plugin, we capture the text content of each social media post and send it to our servers for analysis to detect toxic language. This includes any personally identifiable information that might be contained in the text of such social media posts.
- We collect analytics and log information when you use WiseMonkey or access the Site. This kind of information might be collected from third-party providers like Google Analytics, and might include, for example, the type of device and operating system you use, dates and times of access, versions, IP addresses, and other unique device identifiers.
Information We Do Not Collect
- Except as stated above, we do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you give it to us directly. For example, by creating an account, sending us written feedback, communicating with us via third party social media sites, filling out a form, or otherwise communicating with us via the Site or any other means.
- We do not collect information about any of the third-party web sites you visit or your browsing activity away from the Site.
What We Do With Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
• To analyze trends for how WiseMonkey and the Site are used;
• To improve WiseMonkey and the Site;
• To personalize your experience of WiseMonkey and the Site; and
• To contact you to send you technical notifications, updates, confirmations, security alerts, to provide you with support, or inform you about other products and services that we think might interest you, or to respond to your comments or questions.
We may share the information we collect with third parties who do work on our behalf. For example, such work may include administering the Site, or providing analytics services for us. We may aggregate and anonymize data that contains your information in a way which does not directly identify you. We may use and or share aggregated and anonymized data for a variety of purposes related to WiseMonkey, the Site, or Semantiq and its business.
What We Do Not Do With Information We Collect
We do not share any information that directly identifies you with any third party, except in the following limited cases:
• To comply with any applicable law or regulation, or to comply with law enforcement;
• To respond to legal claims and legal process;
• To protect our rights, protect our property, or to enforce our terms of service;
• To ensure the safety of the public or an individual;
• To prevent behavior that we believe is illegal or unethical;
• With your consent, or at your request or direction; or
• As otherwise set forth in this Policy.
Depending on where you are located, as part of using WiseMonkey and accessing the Site, your information may be transferred to different servers around the world. We are based in the United States, therefore any information we collect is governed by United States law. You acknowledge that, as part of providing WiseMonkey and making the Site accessible to you, we may transfer your information to or maintain your information on computers located outside of your jurisdiction, where privacy laws may be different. If you are located outside of the United States, you agree that we have the right to transfer your information to the United States and process it there. By using WiseMonkey or accessing the Site, or by otherwise providing any information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of that information in and to the United States and other countries.
We will take reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no method of transmitting or storing information over the Internet is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Neither the Site, nor WiseMonkey is intended for use by children under the age of 13. By accessing and using this Site or WiseMonkey, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to access and or use Wisemonkey and or this Site.
You may contact us by email at [email protected] in order to:
• See what information we have about you, if any;
• Correct any personal data we have about you;
• Instruct us to delete any personal data we have about you (we may have to keep certain data as required by law, to comply with this Policy, or pursuant to our normal caching procedures);
• Opt out of receiving communications from us; or
• Ask questions or provide feedback on this Policy generally, or the use of your information.